Guide to Authors
Publication of Abstracts
All abstracts accepted for presentation (plenary, oral, or poster) at the 3rd International Conference of Petrochemical Sciences (ICPS 2017) will be published in Conference Proceedings in both Formats (print and online).
The 3rd International Conference on Petrochemical Sciences (ICPS 2017) will be held in Pakistan on August 15-17, 2017.
ICPS 2017 aims to present the best up-to-date scientific research in all areas of Petrochemical Sciences.
Submit all abstract submission via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit abstract electronically through our online abstract submission system.
Abstracts submitted for the plenary lectures, invited lectures, session lectures and poster presentation would be reviewed on the basis of scientific merit, novelty and practical application.
Please submit abstracts on a prescribed Abstract Submission Form via email at email@example.com
The abstracts should not exceed 350 words & should be written in English language including paper title, naming the principle author with complete contact details (organization, mailing address, email, phone, fax and coauthors).
- The abstract must address scientific questions, report clinical observations, or contain primary scientific data.
- Abstracts should be written in clear and concise English. We encourage non-English-speaking authors to have their abstracts checked by a native English speaker prior to submission.
- It is assumed that the presenting author will have adequate command of English to present and respond to questions. Otherwise, authors should choose a poster as their preference.
Students and delegates can also present a poster.
POSTER PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
In order to efficiently communicate the results of your research, you are kindly requested to devote considerable effort in the design of your poster. Please pay attention to details by carefully following the instructions outlined below:
Sample of Poster
P.S. One Board for one poster
EQUIPMENT FOR POSTER DISPLAY
- A large display board giving a display area of approximately 180 cm wide x 100 cm high will be provided for your poster display. Please refer to the above diagram.
- Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- The poster display boards are made of melamine, therefore compatible with double side tape. Tape will be provided to all poster presenters at the Conference. Volunteers will be on-site to assist you as needed.
- A header panel with your poster number will be provided and will only be visible on the morning your poster is due to go up. Please ensure that your poster title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract are printed on your poster.
- Please refer to the Final Program book that you will receive upon arrival at the Conference for the poster board number assigned to you.
- Please use the board with the same number.
- Make your title short to summarize the message of the research.
- Do not include references unless it is imperative.
- Try to avoid using several A4 sheets. Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- Use just one or two colors on a plain colored background.
- Put the conclusions in a prominent panel (preferably at the bottom of the poster).
- Poster body text must be readable from 2 meters (with possible exception of references) and the title from 4-5 meters.
- Mostly avoid capital letters except at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns.
- Use a black sans serif font e.g. Arial or Gill Sans throughout.
- Use a bolder, larger typeface for the main titles and headings. It can be effective to use a different typeface for headings and subheadings.
- To emphasize body text, use a bold or italic font.
- Check the draft of your poster very carefully to ensure that there are no typographical or style errors.
Display, Installation, Presentation and Removal Times
All posters should be on display throughout the day.
Poster presenters should refer to the list of poster presentations in the program for their board numbers.
Poster presenters are requested to be present at their designated poster board(s) during breaks and poster sessions to answer questions.
Please remove your poster after each session. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for posters that are not removed by the end of each session.
We would like to thank you for your valuable contribution to this Conference.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Secretariat at the address below if you require any assistance before or during the Conference.
Please join us in this conference August 15-17, 2017 to share your research and expand the network with fellow academic and corporate researchers.
You are invited to submit your abstracts for the 3rd International Conference on Petrochemical Sciences, where Professionals from around the world will gather to share the latest developments in their field.